BBH Online Booking System
Guests Terms and Conditions Overview:
BBH: Budget Backpackers Hostel NZ Limited
Booking Log: The online repository for all booking activity by a guest held by BBH. The log data will be used to resolve any disputed bookings, payments or dates.
Cancellation Period: Cancellation can be made at any time up to 24 hours prior to the Due Day which is calculated from 00.01hrs. Example – Bookings for 6 November must be cancelled before midnight on 4 November being one clear calendar day prior to arrival [refer to ** Cancellation Note below].
Due Day: The calendar day on which a guest is booked to arrive at the hostel.
Online Booking System: The online reservation system owned and operated by BBH through the Website.
All Fees are quoted and charged in New Zealand dollars ($NZ)
Users of this Website are liable for and agree to pay by the credit card registered with the Website, the fees described here - but first - please read the following message:
A nominal $2 - 5 Pre-authorisation item may appear on your credit card account whenever we confirm thevalidity of your credit card. The funds are held but NOT taken from your account and will be restored by your bank within a few days.
For BBH Club Card Holders
When registered with the BBH Online Booking System as a Club Card holder, the following fees apply:
- To make confirmed bookings at BBH hostels – NO FEE. Accommodation fees are paid on arrival. Any accommodation fees remaining unpaid on departure may be charged against the user's registered credit card.
- To cancel ** any confirmed booking more than 24 hrs before the Due Day - $5
- Late cancellation fee - Bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before the Due Day are liable to pay the full fee of the accommodation booked. This MAY be rescinded if the accommodation is subsequently sold to another party in which case a flat fee of $5 is charged.
- No Shows – Where Bookings are not cancelled and the guest fails to arrive on the Due Day, the credit card holder will be charged the full fee for the accommodation booked.
- Confirmations and cancellations: In any dispute regarding confirmations or cancellations, the Booking Log will be used as the final arbiter.
For Non-Club Card Holders:
- Non Club Card holders may register for $2 to use the system.
- Cancellations ** more than 24 hrs before the Due Day – $3 is charged for each bed night. Cancellation MUST be made by logging into your booking page.
- Late Cancellations and No Shows: Full accommodation fees are charged to the credit card holder 24 hrs before the Due Day. This charge is non-refundable.
- Confirmations and cancellations : In any dispute regarding confirmations or cancellations, the Booking Log will be used as the final arbiter.
** Cancellation Note: For your security, all cancellations should be recorded by the guest/customer on the BBH Online Booking System. In the case of a disputed cancellation, the Booking Log will be used as the final arbiter.
- PERSONAL EMAIL OR PHONE BOOKINGS
Registration with the BBH Online Booking System can be used to secure bookings made direct to a BBH hostel by personal email or by telephone. The users BBH REGISTRATION NUMBER (5 digits) or registered email address can be quoted in lieu of credit card details.
- BBH will retain access to registered credit card detail and make all charges against registered cards as determined by these terms and conditions. Credit card validity will be re-confirmed before the Due Day. Reservations will not be held in the event that credit cards appear invalid for any reason.
- Groups of more than 6 people must book direct with the hostel.
- Parties containing children under 16 years MUST indicate this when using the Online Booking System, but BBH recommends that they book direct with hostel.
- Any Amendment to a confirmed booking must be made by direct negotiation with the hostel
- Subject to the limitation of BBH's liability as contained herein, BBH will use its best endeavours to put right any errors caused by use of this website. Contact BBH via the link on your Personal Booking Page Log or by our contact us page.
- While every effort will be made by the operator of the hostel to provide the type of room/venue as booked through the Online Booking System, the operator of the hostel retains the right, if circumstances require it, to substitute the room/venue booked with an alternative, as near as possible to that which was booked. As such matters are beyond the control of BBH, then BBH shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever relating to the substitution of a room/venue.
- Confidentiality of your log-in and account details remains your responsibility. You are responsible for all activity associated with use of your account where accessed by your password. Change your password if you have any doubts over the security of your account.
- In the event of any problem – our liability to you is limited to any deposit and reservation fee paid.
The Terms and Conditions may change without notice – we advise you to check whenever you use the website.
- BBH is the owner of this Website. You acknowledge and agree that use of this Website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. BBH reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice, and those terms and conditions as published on the Website from time to time shall be the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Website and/or the Online Booking System.
- Privacy and Security: BBH acts as a facilitator for these services and securely holds the personal information required to use the Online Booking System. These details may be made available to third parties related to the booking and payment process. They will not intentionally be provided to outside parties for any other purposes. BBH retains the right to use them from time to time for technical support or other evaluation purposes.
- Credit Card details are held by BBH’s secure payment provider and are not intentionally released to hostels or other third parties. We strongly recommend you check with your credit card supplier the limit of their liability against fraudulent use of your card, before purchasing online.
- Advertised Prices: The BBH website lists the official price at any time.
- Prices are adjusted 1 May and 1 October. If the current price at the date of arrival differs from the price at the date of the reservation, the price at the time of arrival is the Official price and the guest will be required to pay this price.
- Reservation: All prices and/or fees are in $NZ and are inclusive of GST.
- BBH may link the Website to other sites that are owned and operated by third parties. BBH has no control over, and does not assume any responsibility for the content, opinions, information, data or materials available on such third party sites. A link to a third party site does not imply that BBH endorses the site, the products or the services referenced in such third party sites.
- While BBH will take all reasonable steps to maintain the Website and Online Booking System, BBH does not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free. BBH may modify or withdraw access to the Website and the Online Booking System at any time, and shall not be liable for any changes to, suspension or discontinuation of the Website and/or the Online Booking System.
- Subject to anything contrary in these terms and conditions, BBH shall not be liable to you for any act, omission or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of any hostel or third party using the Website and/or the Online Booking System; or for any loss or damage sustained by you in using the Website and/or Online Booking System as a result of any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any information included on the Website; or for any loss or damage suffered by you occasioned by any use of any information or services on the Website whether by you or any third party, including, but not limited to, the fraudulent use of your credit card.
- BBH shall not be liable for any claim, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, including as a result of any errors or omissions in the information included on the Website; any interruption to, failure of operation or transmission of the Website; any computer virus or unauthorised access to the Website; any alteration to the Website; or any inability to access the Website and utilise the Online Booking System;.
- Where BBH’s liability cannot be excluded, BBH’s liability shall be limited to the extent of the value of any deposit and reservation fee paid.
- BBH and its employees, officers, directors and shareholders shall be released and held harmless from and against all losses, damages, costs and claims suffered or incurred due to or arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions, or any other act or omission by you using the Website and/or Online Booking System.
- In the event of any dispute or litigation arising in connection with any access to, or use of the Website and/or the Online Booking System, there shall be no dispute as to the admissibility as evidence, or any challenge to the validity of these terms and conditions.
- COPYRIGHT / INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
BBH retains the copyright for all design, features, systems, logos and other trademarks associated with this Website. The unauthorised use, or misuse of the Website is strictly prohibited.
You may not copy, sell, transfer, distribute, modify, transmit or modify this Website without the permission of BBH.